×
Compass

190 Hartz Ave

Danville, CA 94526

CA DRE# 01827636

Get in Touch



Stumbling around on Facebook, you may have seen the varios house-hacks promising to fix the little issues around your house.  Well, when I saw this hot tip, I couldn't help but give it a shot. 


Many know that the lint filter is a crucial part of your dryer maitenance.  We've been reminded time and time again to "clean the filter" by our spouses and our handymen who warn of unexpected lint backup resulting in house fires! Well, there's more to the story. Check out a self report pulled from the internet and then give it a try for yourself - you won't be disappointed!


"The gentleman that fixes things around the house for us told us that he wanted to show us something and he went over to the dryer and pulled out the lint filter. It was clean - I always clean the lint from the filter after every load clothes.  He told us that he wanted to show us something; he took the filter over to the sink and ran hot water over it. The lint filter is made of a mesh material. I'm sure you know what your dryer's lint filter looks like. Well...the hot water just sat on top of the mesh! It didn't go through it at all! He told us that dryer sheets cause a film over that mesh and that's what burns out the heating unit. You can't SEE the film, but it's there. It's what is in the dryer sheets to make your clothes soft and static free. That nice fragrance too. You know how they can feel waxy when you take them out of the box...well this stuff builds up on your clothes and on your lint screen. This is also what causes dryer units to potentially burn your house down with it! He said the best way to keep your dryer working for a very longtime and to keep your electric bill low, is to take that filter out and wash it with hot soapy water and an old toothbrush at least every six months. He said that makes the life of the dryer at least twice as long!"


So, I went to my dryer and tested my screen by running water on it. The water ran through a little bit but mostly collected all the water in the mesh screen. I washed it with warm soapy water and a nylon brush and I had it done in 30 seconds. Then when I rinsed it, the water ran right thru the screen. There wasn't any puddling at all! 


Keep your home and your expensive household machines in tip-top shape is an important part of keeping home-owner costs low.  We hope you'll give this easy fix a shot!


  • Work With Us

    Patient, supportive and action-oriented, we strive to navigate the business side of the purchase or sale of a home with an unmatched level of perseverance, care, and a creative marketing approach.

    Contact Us